AUSIGEN - Family History

Leslie James Aspland

Leslie James Aspland

Male 1890 - 1987  (97 years)

Personal Information    |    Media    |    Event Map    |    All    |    PDF

  • Name Leslie James Aspland 
    Born 09 Apr 1890  Camperdown, VIC, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Gender Male 
    Newspaper 30 Jan 1918  The Cootamundra Herald, Cootamundra, NSW, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location 

    • Youthful Burglars.

      When Mr. Les. Aspland went to his business place on Monday morning he found the back door open, and things a bit topsy turvy, but a look over his stock revealed nothing amiss. A few shillings were gone from a cash box. The back window was broken, but the hole was only big enough to let a very small person through. The police took the matter up, and we under stand that two boys are to be dealt with.
    Newspaper 06 Aug 1920  the Cootamundra Herald, Cootamundra, NSW, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location 

    • CRUMBS

      Mr. Les. Aspland, of Brawlin, reports getting an eagle hawk bigger than the one displayed in our window for a few days. Nine feet from tip to tip! It was a dead bird- had picked up some poison. Anything to beat this one?
    Newspaper 18 Feb 1921  The Cootamundra Herald, Cootamundra, NSW, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location 


      (Continued from page 7) A 'SLEEPY' ACCUSED

      Robert Gordon was called to answer a charge of stealing from person.
      Accusod was on bail. When called he did not answer.
      He was located, asleep, in the gallery, and when 'the police got him down they said he was under the influence.

      His Honor asked the police to lock him up till 2 o 'clock.
      Gordon was brought in again at 2 o 'clock, and Mr. Maxwell, who appeared for him, said he seemed well enough. Accused had been travelling all night, and was not physically fit (returned soldier), and had got excited.
      The charge was that he had stolen ?14 and a book, the property of George Henry Tilden, from the person, at or near Cootamundra.
      Plea, not guilty.

      Jury: W. Elliott, H. T. Merriman, Joseph Moore, T. Bannon, I. Brovman, L. J. Aspland, P. Reardon, John Scott, George Gill, M. B. Sutton, Maxwell J. Wilson, P. J. Bartley.
      Several of the jurymen who had officiated in the Temora case were called, but requested by the C-P. to 'stand aside.'
      Sergeant Macdonald deposed: On 21st December, at 8.15, I was on the Cootamundra station when the Albury mail arrived. Tilden, who was in a second class carriage, called me. Ac cused was lying down in the carriage, drunk, but seemed to know what was said.
      Mr. Maxwell objected, as his client was at the time incapable.
      Witness: He was not too drunk to know.
      Mr. Maxwell: He was arrested for drunkenness. I can call evidence that he did not understand.

      His Honor: It is no use objecting. The constable said he could hear and understand.
      Witness admitted that accused was half drowsy.
      Evidence admitted
      Witness: Tilden said, 'l have been robbed of ?15.' I said, ' Where did you miss it ?' He said, ''About Beth- ungra.' ' ' ' Whom do you .suspect? ' 'I don't know. It must have been some- one in the carriage." We shook accused up and said we would search him. Ar- rested him. He was sober enough to walk along the platform. Sergeant Jeffrey handed me ?7 in notes and some silver which he took out of accused's hip pocket. I said, 'How much did you have?' He said, 'About ?8.' From the right side pocket we took two ?5 notes and four ?1 notes. I said, 'There are more notes here- What have you got altogether. ' ' He said, . 'About ?12.' I said, 'You have got. 'about ?20 altogether.' He made no reply. On the following morning I said '.'You were a bit drunk last night. How much did you have on you last night? ' ' He, said, 'About ?21.' I said, 'Where did you get it!' He said, 'I sold some furniture in Melbourne, and had a few pounds be sides. I found a receipt for ?8, and asked did he pay it out of the ?24. 'He said yes. He further said the money got separated in his pockets, but it was all his own. I produce the bank book. The bank book, has the name of Tilden in t'

      By Mr. Maxwell: There were six or severn passengers. Only searched accused.

      Tilden, a laborer at Beveridge's, be tween Gundagai and Wagga, deposed., that he was travelling to Goulburn. Waa drunk when he got in the train. Had ?14 on him, including two ?5 notes. Put it in the bank book produced, and put the book in his inside breast pocket. This chap was next to him all the time and offered him a drink. Witness was skylarking. When he missed the money he said he would give them all in charge at Cootamundra. A man named Morris said he would call the police if witness did not.
      His Honor: Nice ,company travelling! Was the skylarking all in fun?
      Witness: Yes. When I took the mouthful of spirits I spat it over him.
      Didn't the railway officials try and put you out for being drunk ?
      They should have.
      By Mr. Maxwell: Anyone could have seen the book sticking out of the top of my pocket. I came to Wagga with a cheque of ?38. Spent a good bit Put ?10 in the bank. Spent about ?12 Gave a good bit to my grandchildren. It could not have fallen on the floor while I was flopping about.

      Daniel Morris, lineman on the rail way deposed to Tilden pulling his money out, and witness told him to put it back and not be silly. Accused and Tilden were falling about on one an other. Drink was going round. No one sat next to Tilden but accused.
      By Mr. Maxwell: I called tho police at Cootamundra. Tilden fell out of the carriage at Junee and I put him back. I did not have any of the liquor. Neither did Tilden. Tilden got in drunk at Wagga. I joined the train at Culcairn- I was not searched by the police but was willing to be.
      Sergt. Jeffrey: The Bethungra station- master handed me Tilden's bank book.

      Accused deposed: I live in Victoria. Came back in 1919. Was discharged as medically unfit, due to wounds. Produce the discharge.
      Mr. Maxwell: It reads on active service three years. Discharge not due to misconduct.
      Continuing: On 17th December I had about ?32 on me. Went to see my mother at Milgrove, and sent ?3 to my wife. Leaving Melbourne had about ?21. At Wagga I was getting towards drunk. Someone gave me a dinner the other side of Junee. Remember nothing after that till I was at the police station. Have never been in trouble before. Sold my furniture to go and live in Sydney.
      By Mr. Mason: Got the furniture from the Repatriation. Have arranged for the payment of the balance due, about ?21. Thought I had the right to sell it and put the money in my pocket. Have now to pay it at ?1 a week.
      To Mr. Maxwell: I received three ?5 notes and six ?1 notes for the fur- niture. By Mr. Mason: If Mr. Shannon said he paid me one ?10 note, one ?5 note, and six ?1 notes, he would be wrong
      The jury returned a verdict of not guilty. '
      Accused was discharged, and his Honor directed the money to be held to give an opportunity to apply for it.

    Newspaper 26 Sep 1921  the Cootamundra Herald, Cootamundra, NSW, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location 


      The death occurred on Friday night last in Wagga District Hospital, of Mr. James Foley, at the age of 61.

      It is stated that the A.L.P. executive intends to ask the Labor party to make further appointments to the Upper House. What!

      Congratulations, to a Cootamundra native who has beeome an L.L.B., and is now practising as a barrister in Ade laide. We refer to Mr. E. J. C. Hogan, son of Mr. and Mrs. Mat. Hogan, who will be well remembered.

      Mr. L J. Aspland, late of Brawlin, writes from ''Kiiton,'' Hopetown street, Camperdown, Victoria, to say that he managed to get down there in time to go to bed with the 'flu, but is now on the mend. Our fellow sumpathy! Most of us had an attack of it, and can feel sorry for one another!

      In appointing Mr. J. Simpson, of Cootamundra, secretary of the newly formed Southera Districts Hospital As sociation, the delegates picked one who should suit admirably. For one reason, Mr. Simpson visits every centre in the south once a month in his ordinary business capacity, as representative of a Sydney firm.
    Newspaper 20 May 1922  the Young Witness, Young, NSW, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location 



      For a Good Haircut or Shave go to LES ASPLAND.

    Newspaper 23 May 1922  the Young Witness, Young, NSW, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location 

    • Advertising

      Les Aspland for all Smokers' Requirements.
    Newspaper 16 Nov 1923  the Daily Witness, Young, NSW, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location 




      Has secured the services of Mr. JOE GARRY, who is known far and wide as a FIRST CLASS TRADESMAN, and new and old clients can rely on first class atten tion. Three chairs-No Waiting. Our Saloon has a reputation second to none for cleanliness and civility. If we please you tell your friends ----- if not tell us.

      Just arrived --- Indent of Bengall Razors --- all guaranteed. LES ASPLAND.

      LES ASPLAND'S Saloon has reputation second to none for Cleanliness and Civility.

      See Pipe Display at Les Aspland's. Hundreds to choose from.

    Newspaper 18 Dec 1931  The Cootamundra Herald, Cootamundra, NSW, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location 


      YOUNG, Friday.

      Thieves at night stole good? valued at ?50, mostly tobacco and cigarettes, from L. Aspland's hairdressing saloon.
    Anecdote 1981 

    • Autobiographical note written by Les Aspland circa 1981 when he was 91 years old.

      My family consisted of Mum and Dad, Perce, Nell, Ethel, Hilda, Bert, Ada, Clarice, Dorrie and myself.

      Mum had very little to feed the family, but we were all fed well. At meal times there was no talking unless it was from Mum or Dad. There was all the old style cooking - stews, puddings and plenty of meat which was cheap then.

      Perce was a cabinet maker and upholsterer. Ethel was a governess, Nell in a shop, Hilda in a drapers shop, Bert a house painter with Dad, Ada in a baker's shop, Clarice a nurse girl and Dorrie in a drapery shop.

      We had a big tub for a bath, no shower in those days, and heated the water on the stove. I belonged to a bike club but the others were not involved in any sport. Hilda was learning singing and sang very well. I was at all their weddings and got bilious at every one of them, except at my own wedding. Nervous attacks!

      One of my earliest memories was when I was 5 years old and my father was a paper hanger and house painter working out at Cobden. A man at Cobden had a small piebald pony, and he asked DAD (William) if he would bring it into Camperdown behind his wagon. It duly arrived, and I went out into the yard to see it, and DAD put me on it, and it raced around the back yard and I sat on it till it ran under the clothes line which caught me under the neck and I thought it had cut my head off.

      We lived about 100 yards from the school. When I was 6 years old my sister took me to school, but as soon as the bell rang to go inside I used to run home. It took about two weeks to break me in.

      As time went on, it was the usual thing for two boys to have a fight every day after school, and I eventually finished up with about six fights all of which I won, but they were all very gory. As soon as I was hit on the nose I used to bleed freely and there was blood everywhere. I have only had one fight since I left school, which I won, and that was in the Sunday School ground, and the Superintendent tried to stop it. They had cut down a pine tree in the yard and I picked up a limb and hit him on the legs and made him sick, and he went home, but that ended the fight and we both went into Sunday School covered in blood. Another chap took over and gave a speech about it and cautioned us.

      [The following is an extract from a story Les told his grand daughter Louise Schuhkraft (nee Dwyer) Ed.]
      "Les tells the story of one Friday evening of Mr. Birrell, the Headmaster of the Camperdown School where Les attended, and who lived next door to Les, went to Melbourne for the weekend and left three of his daughters at home. Les and Billy Hall, Maurie Bailey, and Alf Fringer, sneaked over to Mr. Birrell's home and legged each other up to the high windows to look at the girls chasing each other around the lounge room. Les legged the other three boys into the room but of course was then left stranded outside. A great time was had by all except Les. However on Monday morning at assembly Mr. Birrell called the four boys into his office. Maurie Bailey jumped out the window as he had a heart condition and knew that his Father would protect him from being caned, but Billy and Alf got 6 cuts and Les received 12 as he had been the one to leg them in.

      On another occasion a Mr. McNicoll arrived for his first day of teaching at the school, and upon entering Les's class room, stated to his pupils that he operated on one system only and that was discipline; discipline; discipline; Les turned to the boy next to him and whispered, "Gee this is going to be rough" and was immediately called to the front of the classroom and caned. However the following day Mr. McNicoll must have regretted his hasty decision as he gave Les all the good jobs to do. After this a mutual liking sprang, and later Les and his sister corresponded with Mr. McNicoll. This gentleman went on to become a politician and eventually the Administrator Of New Guinea."

      LES treasured these letters that he received from his old school teacher and kept them for many years, in fact it was for 74 years. When going through his things he decided to send one of the letters to his son David McNicoll. He did this and received the following reply;

      BOX 4088, SYDNEY
      JAN. 12
      What a wonderful surprise to be sent a 74- year- old letter from my father. I found it most interesting, and have sent a copy to my eldest brother, who completed a biography of my Father last year. My Father certainly had a varied career - Teacher - Soldier - Politician - and finally Administrator Of New Guinea.

      We were very proud of him.

      I wish you many more years of health and happiness.

      Yours sincerely,


      Now back to Les's own words.

      Only once was I roused on by Dad. I met him down the street on Christmas Eve with his foreman, they were both drunk and I said to him, "go home you silly fool". As he turned towards me I ran up a lane into the backyard of a grocer's shop and hid in a big box till I thought I was safe. When I got home at 10 o'clock Mum was waiting at the front gate and told me to sneak in as Dad was very annoyed with me. So, I sure was quiet. I got up early the next morning and went down to a mate until I thought Dad had gone down the street. But, when I went home he was just coming out of the gate and said, "don't you ever speak to me like that again." I was quite happy with this outcome.

      Dad used to buy a pig at the saleyards and get a man to cut it up. On one occasion I was helping bring it home with a rope on its leg when, a quarter of a mile from home the rope came off. It was nearly dark and we had quite a job catching it and getting it home.

      I left school at the age of thirteen (in some letters he says twelve Ed.) years on a Friday with William Fisher (who was later to marry my sister Ada), and we were both apprenticed on the Monday for seven years, with Walls and Horne; I as a Coach Painter and Bill on the Woodwork, as they were Carriage Builders and also Undertakers. I stayed there several years during which time I always drove the pair of horses in the Hearse, and later when the boss was on holidays or sick, I conducted the funerals, some of which were very funny as we hired horses from the livery stables and at times got one that would jib and it was an awkward position to be in, and it happened four times to me.

      We had a very big area to cover, up to 50 miles on one occasion. About 15 miles out we had to go down a very steep hill, but half way down we had to turn into the gate to go to the house and all was well but, when we came out as soon as we struck the hill one horse jibbed, and no effort could get them to go. Another chap was the driver that day, and I was conducting. The Carriage following had two horses so we changed over, and when the funeral topped the hill my mate belted them all the way at a gallop, and I made it in time for the burial.

      On one occasion when my boss was in Melbourne I conducted a funeral of an old lady, very thin, about 82 years old, and her husband was about the same build. I had been out to measure her, and they made the coffin, and the next day I went to conduct the funeral. In those days a fair amount of liquor was taken by some of the mourners, and I asked the husband if he wanted any particular people to carry the coffin, and he asked how many I wanted. I said," sometimes they have six, and sometimes four " and he said, " six be buggered, you and I can carry her, she's as light as a feather." He was well under the grog so I got four. I could write a book on my experiences at funerals.

      A few days after my father died my boss and I went to lift a woman into her coffin and I let go and fainted, and came to on the floor with the nurse bathing my head.

      Another time we went to Darlington and there was a mouse plague on and all harness was put on wires out of reach, and when we got there the mourners were sitting around a table with a kerosene tin on the floor at the end, and on the table they had a board with cheese on the end. The board was fixed so it would tilt, and the mice were in the tin of water in hundreds. In the night my mate had his moustache half eaten off.

      When I was about 14 years old I used to go out shooting rabbits that were very plentiful at the time and sell them for sixpence a pair and made good money for the half day holiday.

      I left Walls & Thorne after three years and went to work in Terang, fourteen miles from Camperdown, for A J Thomas the leading carriage builders of Victoria. They had a very big staff and used to win every year at the Melbourne Show in those years. A year later I switched over to house painting in Terang for Clarke Bros. I rode my push bike from Camperdown to Terang and back each day for the two years I worked with the two companies, and was never late but often wet through.

      I bought a block of land opposite my mother's place in Hopetoun Street for ?50 and when I was 19 years old I got two weeks off from Clarke Bros. to put up the frame of a new house with Maurice McMahon and Boyle. Maurice was paid ?3 per week to build the house and Boyle ?2-8-0. The house cost ?208. I never lived in it but rented it out. I later sold it to my sister Ada. When I later built a home in Young, I used the same design as that I had built in Camperdown.

      I had worked as a house painter for a man named Hugh Cummins. The manager of the Bank in Camperdown owned two houses in Gippsland and he wanted the boss to go down and paint them. The boss took me with him so we went on the train and stayed the night in Melbourne, and that night we went to see Sinbad The Sailor, and next morning we caught the Cobb & Co. Coach at Dandenong for Toora.

      We boarded with a man and wife with two daughters about my age and I fell in love with the younger one, and for a long time after I went back home we wrote regularly, but I met another girl, and somehow we parted. I had letters from her, and her mother wrote and asked me to make it up as Phyllis was fretting over it. Even to-day I feel sorry it turned out that way, as she was a lovely girl. Many years later I had afternoon tea with her sister, but I never saw Phyl. again.

      About a year after I started with Clarke Bros., they took on a contract to paint Danedite Homestead, which was being renovated for Marion Manifold's wedding (Sir Chester's sister, I think) to Captain Adams, a Sea Captain, and they got two carpenters out from England to build the new stables, all built of Jarra wood. Four stalls, a chauffeur's room, car room, a 20ft x 20ft all white tiled room for washing cars and buggies, and a feed room etc. to cost ?10,000 ($20,000), a lot of money in those days. The stalls were boarded up 4ft, then lattice with 6 inch openings and all morticed in one another, and they were sure experts couldn't get a bit of putty in anywhere. Feed boxes of porcelain and the same with the automatic water drinkers.

      I was still painting Danedite Homestead when I got two weeks holiday to come to NSW to be best man at my brother's wedding. (His brother Alfred Herbert Aspland, who married Minnie Knight in August 1914. Ed.) I met a girl I later married, and was offered a job as coach painter, so stayed at my sister's home in Cootamundra, that was in August 1914. My sister Hilda was Mrs. Lloyd Holmes.

      When I left Victoria I was to return after two weeks as I had no idea of staying in NSW, so I had left everything behind including my sulky, two ponies, harness, saddles etc. I had to get my brother to sell everything.

      After being in NSW a while, I bought a hairdressing business in Cootamundra with two barbers employed, so I set to learn the trade. After about two years I found one of the men to be a thief so sacked him, and carried on the shop for about 8 years and did well, but had got very sick and had to sell out. The doctor said I needed outside work. and so, on recovery, I bought 550 acres eight miles out at Brawlin, and had a new home built on it as I had sold my home in Cootamundra.

      I bought 500 sheep and was a grazier for four years and eventually sold out.

      I went to Grenfell to buy a Newsagency but although the two brothers had it for sale, when I got there one of them decided not to sell. I came back as far as Young and stayed the night, and met a man I knew from Cootamundra who was working at Young and boarding with a hairdresser who wanted to sell. I saw him the next morning and decided to buy it, and at one time was employing three barbers, and a girl in the shop. I had a very large stock of tobacco and cigarettes and all hairdressing and smokers' equipment, and carried on the business with the addition of seeds and plants for thirty five years, very successfully. I bought the shop in 1921 and sold out and retired in 1954

      I have had a very good life and have enjoyed having a family of four; Gwen, Audrey, Mona, & Ray, and they have all been very good to me throughout my life, and I hope that they will have as good a life as I have had.



    Died 15 Jul 1987  Young, NSW, Australia, -34.301401,148.29895 Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Obit Abt 16 Jul 1987  the Young Witness, Young, NSW, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location 

    • One of the district's oldest and likeable residents passed away last month.
      He was Leslie James Aspland better known as Les, to his many friends.
      He was born at Camperdown in Victoria on APRIL 9th, 1890 and passed away in July at 97 years of age.
      After working as a painter with his Father and Brother, Les came to Cootamundra around 1910 to act as best man at a wedding in town, and liked Cootamundra, so he stayed and secured a job as a coach painter.
      While in Cootamundra he married Phyllis Mutch, and purchased a barbers shop, learned the trade and conducted this business until he purchased a 550 acre farm near Brawlin.
      After 3 years on the farm he came to Young in 1921 and opened a barbers' shop on the present site of COLES store in Boorowa Street.
      He later moved into the Great Eastern Hotel building, (now the Cherry Blossom Florist) and continued his business until 1954.
      He had many friends who used to call into his shop just to say hello and have a yarn.
      One of his closest friends was the late Sid Briggs who also conducted a hairdressing business in the town at the same time. They shared many hours together in their later years swapping stories and recalling their early days. Some recollections at the time were;
      - Customers paying 6d for a shave, and 9d for a haircut.
      - A 2oz. packet of tobacco was 9d.
      - A packet of cigarettes was 3d , or 5 packets for one shilling.
      Les had a liking for gardening and this hobby became part of his business, as he used to sell many of the plants he grew through his barbers shop. This hobby filled many happy hours when he retired from business.
      He had a capacity for making friends, and many of these friendships he maintained by writing, and other means, almost until the day he passed away.
      At 96 years of age he must have been one of the oldest to receive a Citizenship Award at the Australia Day Celebrations.
      His "CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION" hung proudly in his room at Mount St. Joseph's Home where he was very well liked and respected, by those who came in contact with him.
      Les and his wife, who predeceased him, had four children ;
      Gwen Brown (Young)
      Audrey Mote (Bowral)
      Mona Dwyer (Young)
      and son Raymond (Mick) of (Young)

      A good innings by a fine man.
    Person ID I75  Mote/McInnes
    Last Modified 12 Jan 2015 

    Father William Middleton Aspland,   b. 29 Mar 1852, Bridge Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England, 52.391696,0.267341 Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 11 Jul 1908, Camperdown, VIC, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 56 years) 
    Mother Elizabeth Clarissa Teresa Martin,   b. 19 Dec 1853, Colac, VIC, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 26 Jun 1946, Cobden, VIC, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 92 years) 
    Married 30 Aug 1876  Birregurra, VIC, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Newspaper 17 Nov 1883  the Camperdown Chronicle, Camperdown, VIC, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location 

    • We learn that Mr. Wm. Aspland has taken the Temperance Hotel, and intends to open it for the accommodation of the public from this date. Mr. Aspland is well and favourably known in the district; tho building has been thoroughly renovated and is now roomy and convenient; and Mrs. Aspland's management will be a sufficient guarantee as to the efficient and correct conducting of the establishment. A house of this kind was wanted in the town - witness the late show time.
    Family ID F71  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart

    Family Phyllis Nellie Mutch,   b. 06 Jul 1896, Parker Street, Cootamundra, NSW, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 27 Jan 1948, Young, NSW, Australia, -34.301401,148.29895 Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 51 years) 
    Married 24 Jul 1916  Cootamundra, NSW, Australia, -34.500898,148.091583 Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Les and Phyllis Aspland
    Les and Phyllis Aspland
    Les and Phyllis Aspland (n
    Newspaper 28 Jul 1916  The Cootamundra Herald, Cootamundra, NSW, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location 


      Despite the scarcity of flowers at present, the surroundings of the pulpit in the Methodist Church were prettily decorated for the wedding, on Monday evening of Phyllis Nellie, eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Mutch, of Cootamundra, and Leslie James, son of the late William Middleton and Mrs. Aspland, of Camperdown, Victoria. The Rev. H.E. Bellhouse officiated. The bride, who was given away by her father, wore a costume of cream crepe de chine, the bodice being daintily trimmed with satin and pearls, and lined with pale pink lilies of the valley, and wore a veil over a wreath of orange Blossoms, also an aquamarine pendant, the gift of the bridegroom. The brides- maid, Miss Ethel Mutch, wore a frock of white coil, trimmed with shadow lace, and a cap of white tuile, lined with pale pink ninon and ninon roses, with black velvet streamers. She car- ried a bouquet of pale pink roses, and wore a cameo ring, the bridegroom's present. Mr. Ernest Thompson acted as best-man. Whilst the register was being signed Miss Laura Row rendered in pleasing style, the solo, 'Because.' During the service the congregation joined in the singing of the hymns, 'The voice that Breathed o'er Eden' and 'O, Perfect Love!' whilst as the bridal party left the church the organist, Mr. W. B. Breyley, played the 'Wedding March'. A reception was held at the residence of the bride's parents; and later the newly-married couple left by the express for Melbourne.
    Divorced 1947 
     1. Clarice Gwendoline Aspland,   b. 14 May 1917, Wallendoon Street, Cootamundra, NSW, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 11 Oct 2014, Young, NSW, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 97 years)
     2. Audrey Mavis Aspland,   b. 28 Dec 1922, Young, NSW, Australia, -34.301401,148.29895 Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 12 May 2017, The Canberra Hospital, Canberra, ACT, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 94 years)
     3. Raymond Robert William Aspland,   b. 24 May 1932, Young, NSW, Australia, -34.301401,148.29895 Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 24 Apr 2006, Budgewoi, NSW, Australia, -33.223682,151.558971 Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 73 years)
    Last Modified 17 Mar 2018 
    Family ID F3  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart

  • Event Map
    Link to Google MapsBorn - 09 Apr 1890 - Camperdown, VIC, Australia Link to Google Earth
    Link to Google MapsMarried - 24 Jul 1916 - Cootamundra, NSW, Australia, -34.500898,148.091583 Link to Google Earth
     = Link to Google Earth 

  • Photos
    Leslie James Aspland
    Leslie James Aspland
    Leslie James Aspland
    Leslie James Aspland
    Leslie James Aspland
    Leslie James Aspland
    Leslie James Aspland
    Leslie James Aspland
    Leslie James Aspland